The Shelter will participate in this year’s Strut Your Mutt event, sponsored by the national charity, Best Friends Animal Society. We will raise funds to help keep our guest pets happy, healthy, clean, safe and comfortable while they wait for their forever homes! And we plan on having a lot of fun doing it!
Please join us either by registering for our team of walkers or donating to one of our team members. Your donation is tax deductible and SGVHS will receive 100 percent (less Best Friends transaction fees) of the money raised by our team members. And the best part? That money will help save the lives of homeless pets. Together, we can save them all. The walk will take place October 20 at Exposition Park.
To donate or join SGVHS’s walking team go to our Strut Your Mutt Team site.
SGVHS is a nonprofit animal shelter that relies on individual donations, grants and other similar sources of funds.
Your love of animals can live on in a
PLANNED GIVING PROGRAM if you make a gift to the SGVHS in your will or living trust. There are many benefits of this type of gift:
Please contact your accountant or attorney to assist you with your charitable request.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
If you would like to support the Shelter's day to day needs,donations can be made in the following ways:
At the San Gabriel Valley Humane Society we try to keep the cats and dogs on a consistent diet. The ideal products to keep our animals healthy are:
- Purina Pro Plan Cat Chow Dry Food – 30 Pound Bags
- Pro Plan Wet Food – Case of 24 Cans
- Instinct Healthy Weight
- Purina Pro Plan Kitten Dry Food – 30 Pound Bags
- Fancy Feast Kitten Wet Food – Case of 24 Cans
Dog Food: Natural Balance or Purina Beneful Dry Food – 50 Pound Bags
· Science Diet
Puppy Food: Purina Puppy Dry Food – 25 Pound Bags
· Kirkland Signature Nature’s Domain Salmon Meal & Sweet Potato (Costco)
Additionally, we are looking for items to keep our cats and dogs clean and ready to greet their future owner. The ideal products for cleanliness are:
· Bags of Cat Litter (non-clumping)
· New and Used Towels (In good condition, please.)
· Tide Laundry Detergent
· Clorox Bleach
· Hand Sanitizer – Purell Sanitizers
· Paper Towels
· Dog & Cat Toys
· Dust pan & broom
· Mop Heads
· Dawn dish soap
· Trash bags
· Disinfecting wipes
With all the animals we care for and adopt, the paper work is never ending. The ideal products to keep our office functioning are:
· Copy and Printer Paper
· Rolls of Stamps
· AAA & AA Batteries
· Black pens
We are experts at recycling so we would be delighted if you could drop off the following items:
· Unused gift cards to Pet Smart, Petco, etc.
· Unused gift cards to Home Depot, Lowes, Office Depot, Staples, etc.
· Unused Amazon gift cards
· Plastic Bottles, and Cans although we try to solicit donations for the products that we use every day, we need lots of special items to keep the shelter functioning. If you don’t see anything on the list you think you can help with, please ask our staff for other items we have identified to improve our facilities.
We are a non-profit 501(c) (3) – Tax ID 95-1661090
All donations will be provided an itemized acknowledgment of your donation for tax purposes.
There are many ways to help the shelter through your generous donations:
It takes a lot of work to take care of all of our dogs, cats, and the occasional bunny or chicken! We rely on volunteers to help our staff socialize and take care of the animals needs and our facility. We are currently looking for volunteers to:
Your support and contributions will enable us to find homes for unanted pets.